PUB 700356: Non-Political Selection of Revision Commission Chair by Michael Melli
ARTICLE XI: AMENDMENTS, Section 2. Revision commission.
SECTION 2.Revision commission.
- Within thirty days before the convening of the 2017 regular session of the legislature, and each twentieth year thereafter, there shall be established a constitution revision commission composed of the following thirty-seven members:
- the attorney general of the state;
- fifteen members selected by the governor;
- nine members selected by the speaker of the house of representatives and nine members selected by the president of the senate; and
- three members selected by the chief justice of the supreme court of Florida with the advice of the justices.
governorshall designate one member of the commission as its chair. Vacancies in the membership of the commission shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointments.
- Each constitution revision commission shall convene at the call of its chair, adopt its rules of procedure, examine the constitution of the state, hold public hearings, and, not later than one hundred eighty days prior to the next general election, file with the custodian of state records its proposal, if any, of a revision of this constitution or any part of it.