P 6008: Innovation School Districts
PROPOSAL by Style and Drafting
Innovation School Districts; A proposal to amend Section 4 of Article IX of the State Constitution to authorize high-performing school districts to become innovation school districts exempt from certain provisions of law applicable to school districts and requiring the legislature to implement by July 1, 2019.
Location: Failed passage
Proposal Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Style and Drafting
• On Committee agenda-- Style and Drafting, 04/05/18, 10:00 am, 102 House Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida -- Submitted as Committee Proposal; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• On Committee agenda-- Style and Drafting, 04/06/18, 9:00 am, 102 House Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida --Meeting cancelled
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Reports of Committees Calendar, 04/16/18
• Failed to adopt; YEAS 13 NAYS 23
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.