P 6001: Rights of Crime Victims; Judges
PROPOSAL by Style and Drafting ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Carlos Beruff ; Pam Bondi ; Lisa Carlton ; Timothy Cerio ; Don Gaetz ; Emery Gainey ; Anna Marie Hernandez Gamez ; Tom Grady ; Brecht Heuchan ; Darlene Jordan ; Fred Karlinsky ; Belinda Keiser ; Roberto Martinez ; Jeanette Nuñez ; Darryl Rouson ; William “Bill” Schifino, Jr. ; Chris Smith ; Jacqui Thurlow-Lippisch
Rights of Crime Victims; Judges; A proposal to amend Section 16 of Article I of the State Constitution to revise and establish additional rights of victims of crime; create Section 21 of Article V of the State Constitution to require a state court or an administrative law judge to interpret a state statute or rule de novo in litigation between an administrative agency and a private party and not merely defer to the administrative agency’s interpretation; and amend Section 8 of Article V and to create a new section in Article XII of the State Constitution to increase the age after which a justice or judge may no longer serve in a judicial office.
Location: Filed with Secretary of State
Proposal Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Style and Drafting
• On Committee agenda-- Style and Drafting, 04/05/18, 10:00 am, 102 House Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida -- Submitted as Committee Proposal; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• On Committee agenda-- Style and Drafting, 04/06/18, 9:00 am, 102 House Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida --Meeting cancelled
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Reports of Committees Calendar, 04/16/18
• Adopted; YEAS 34 NAYS 3
• Filed with Secretary of State
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.