PUB 700312: Restoration of Civil Rights for Inmates and the Disabled. by Aymee Laurain
ARTICLE VI: SUFFRAGE AND ELECTIONS, Section 4. Disqualifications.
- No person convicted of a felony, or adjudicated in this or any other state to be mentally
incompetent, shall be qualified to vote or hold office until restoration of civil rightsor removal of disability.
- No person may appear on the ballot for re-election to any of the following offices:
- Florida representative,
- Florida senator,
- Florida Lieutenant governor,
- any office of the Florida cabinet,
- U.S. Representative from Florida, or
- U.S. Senator from Florida
if, by the end of the current term of office, the person will have served (or, but for resignation, would have served) in that office for eight consecutive years.