P 95: LOCAL GOVERNMENT, Regulation of commerce, trade, or labor
PROPOSAL by Tom Lee
LOCAL GOVERNMENT, Regulation of commerce, trade, or labor; a new Section 6 of Article VIII of the State Constitution and to renumber present section 6 of that article to limit the power of a county, municipality, or special district to regulate commerce, trade, or labor unless the regulation applies exclusively within the respective entity’s own boundaries in a manner not prohibited by law, and to specify that such regulation may not intrude upon or impede commerce, trade, or labor across the respective entity’s boundaries.
Location: Laid on Table
Proposal Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Local Government; Legislative
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government, 01/26/18, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government, 02/02/18, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• On Committee agenda-- Legislative, 02/02/18, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida --If Received
• Unfavorable by Local Government, laid on Table; YEAS 0 NAYS 7
• Died in Local Government
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.