CS/P 61: LOCAL GOVERNMENT, Counties; Municipalities; home rule
PROPOSAL by Local Government ; Chris Smith
LOCAL GOVERNMENT, Counties; Municipalities; home rule; Sections 1 and 2 of Article VIII of the State Constitution to provide that any law enacted by the Legislature that restricts the home rule powers granted to counties and municipalities must meet certain criteria.
• Referred to Local Government; Legislative
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government, 11/29/17, 8:30 am, 401 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government, 01/26/18, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• CS by Local Government; YEAS 4 NAYS 3
• Now in Legislative
• On Committee agenda-- Legislative, 02/02/18, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• Unfavorable by Legislative, laid on Table; YEAS 2 NAYS 2
• Died in Legislative
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.