CS/P 47: JUDICIARY, Eligibility; bar membership
JUDICIARY, Eligibility; bar membership; Section 8 of Article V and to create a new section in Article XII of the State Constitution to require a person to have at least ten years membership in a bar in the United States of America, the preceding five of which must be in The Florida Bar, in order to be eligible to serve in the office of circuit or county judge.
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Proposal Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judicial; Executive
• On Committee agenda-- Judicial, 11/28/17, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• Favorable by Judicial; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Now in Executive
• On Committee agenda-- Executive, 01/19/18, 8:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• CS by- Executive; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.