CS/P 44: EDUCATION, State University System; requirements for tuition or fee increase
PROPOSAL by Education ; Nicole Washington
EDUCATION, State University System; requirements for tuition or fee increase; Section 7 of Article IX of the State Constitution to provide that the Legislature may not raise tuition except through legislation approved by two-thirds of the membership of each house of the legislature and presented to the Governor for approval; to require that any legislation that raises tuition be contained in a separate bill that contains no other subject; and to establish minimum vote thresholds for state university boards of trustees and the Board of Governors to impose or authorize a new fee or increase an existing fee, as authorized by law.
Location: On Special Order Calendar
Proposal Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
• Referred to Education
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/19/18, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/26/18, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• CS by- Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/19/18
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.