CS/P 39: GENERAL PROVISIONS, Ethics in government; representation for compensation; code of ethics; JUDICIARY, Ethics in the judiciary; prohibited activities
GENERAL PROVISIONS, Ethics in government; representation for compensation; code of ethics; JUDICIARY, Ethics in the judiciary; prohibited activities; Section 8 of Article II and Section 13 of Article V and create a new section in Article XII of the State Constitution to establish certain restrictions for specified public officers and employees regarding the personal representation for compensation of another person or entity before certain government bodies and to specify minimum requirements for the Code of Ethics as to the prohibition against abuse of public position.
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Proposal Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; General Provisions
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 12/13/17, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 01/26/18, 8:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• CS by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 7 NAYS 1
• Now in General Provisions
• On Committee agenda-- General Provisions, 02/01/18, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building, Capitol Complex,Tallahassee, Florida
• Favorable by- General Provisions; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.