P 33: EDUCATION, Superintendent of schools; appointment
PROPOSAL by Erika Donalds
EDUCATION, Superintendent of schools; appointment; Section 5 of Article IX and create a new section in Article XII of the State Constitution to require that the superintendent of schools of a school district be appointed by the district school board.
Location: On Special Order Calendar
Proposal Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Local Government
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 11/27/17, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 2
• Now in Local Government
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government, 12/14/17, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• Favorable by- Local Government; YEAS 4 NAYS 2
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/19/18
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.