P 13: LOCAL GOVERNMENT, Counties; Schedule to Article VIII
LOCAL GOVERNMENT, Counties; Schedule to Article VIII; Sections 1 and 6 of Article VIII of the State Constitution to remove authority for a county charter or a special law to provide for choosing specified county officers in a manner other than election and to prohibit a county charter from abolishing specified county officers, transfering duties of a county officer to another officer or office, establishing the length of terms of county officers, or establishing any manner of selection of county officers other than by election.
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Proposal Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Local Government; Ethics and Elections
• On Committee agenda-- Local Government, 11/01/17, 8:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• Favorable by Local Government; YEAS 6 NAYS 1
• Now in Ethics and Elections
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 11/29/17, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 11/30/17, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 12/13/17, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building, Tallahassee, Florida
• Favorable by- Ethics and Elections; YEAS 6 NAYS 1
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed Proposal should be consulted as the official documents of the CRC.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the proposal text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the proposal text will open to the first page.